Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Alive

I survived my presentation today! I had an audience of 60 people and none of them fell asleep. :) I also received positive feedback and am happy about my performance. Even though I forgot some things and couldn't stick to my time limit of 30 minutes...

The last week or so, my head has been preoccupied with this presentation and I haven't really been able to focus on anything but the presentation. Sunday I spent 4 hours in the office working on my presentation and on Monday I pulled an 11-hour-day at my desk and in the conference room. I felt prepared. But still nervous as h%ll. I don't know what it is, but presentations and other performances (tests in school or competitions) always make me very ill physically. I've been known to throw up before tests in univeristy. I once left my apartment to go to a test and realized, as I was looking my door, that I was only wearing a bra under my jacket...

Today I was shivering and shaking. Couldn't keep my hands, arms or legs still. I was freezing. And had a pulse of 120 bpm. From sitting.

I did good though. I delievered most of what I came for. I made them laugh. And I presented well.

I'll try to remember that next time I'm in for a presentation.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Congrats! What a relief to have finished and have great feedback.

essjay said...

I'm so glad that it went well for you! :kram: It is super hard to get through presentations but like you said, you did well this time and hopefully that will help you be less nervous next time.

Anonymous said...

Hej! Jag blev tvungen att radera min blogg av olika orsaker, men jag hoppas att du vet vart du hittar mig ändå =)Du har ju fått min mejl. Om jag återkommer med en ny blogg så ger jag dig adressen till den. Hälsn. Jessica.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry: when you become a famous fashion designer, you can hire others to do your presentations...lol! ;)

Aood job, Anna!

Mona said...

Å! Hör du handklappen från norr? ”Go Anna! Go Anna!”

iKate said...

Congrats on surviving your presentation--those can be so stressful! You must feel a huge weight off your shoulders now. Kram!!

Geek Knitter said...

Presentations make me twitchy as well, I know just how you feel!