Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Thank you and Sophie

Thank you so much for your feedback on christening gifts. I truly appreciate that you took the time to think for me. :)

I got some great suggestions from you (a mobile to hang over the baby's bed, a storybook, silver money boxes, a book with nursery rhymes or poetry for children, baby shoes) if I decided not to do the gift certificate for a quilt thing. Good ones!

I still haven't decided exactly what to do about this. I'd love to do something myself instead of buying a gift, but on the other hand, I don't do very well with creating under the pressure of deadlines. I'm afraid making a baby quilt will turn out to be awful if I have the pressure of having to do it. I'd rather just make one as a surprise.

While thinking about what to do, I bought Ysolda's pattern for Sophie the Rabbit and casted on yesterday evening, using some white cotton yarn from my stash. I managed to get the head done and I started the neck. I've brought the project with me to work and hope to be able to do some more knitting during my breaks today. I might be overly optimistic when thinking I can finish this by Sunday morning (as I'm working Wed-Fri, will go on a looong bike ride on Saturday and maybe help my sister packing up her apartment) but I'll give it a try.

The suggested needle size for my yarn (Cotton Sport from Idéna) is 3,5-4mm/US4-5 but I'm using a set of 3mm/US2.5 DPNs to get a really tight fabric to hold the filling. I'm a tight knitter as it is already and this is a cotton yarn with no give what-so-ever. My hands and fingers hurt when working on it... But I'll try sticking to it until Sunday.

Maybe pictures tomorrow. :)

No comments: