Friday, October 17, 2008

Friday ramblings

I've had one of those strange weeks. It seems like the week went on foreeeeever and at the same time, I'm almost surprised that it's already Friday...

My head is, once again, all full of plans for my trip across the Atlantic in February/March. I sent out a few emails trying to get confirmation that my planning was alright. I'd hate spending a lot of time and money on going to a specific place only to find out that nobody around can see me... Still have some checking left to do.

I called another travel agency yesterday, specializing on selling tickets online. And yes, I called them. 'Cause my route is too complicated to be searched for with ordinary search engines on these sites. I'm not looking for a simple return ticket... I leave from point A. Go to point B. Fly from B to C. And then I transport myself on ground between C and D, where I will eventually fly from to get back to A.

Anyways, this travel agency gave me the best deal so far. They were almost 10% cheaper than most of the others. They were 30% cheaper than the most expensive price I've gotten. And the strange thing is that they all cover the same flights. Yes, the exact same flights with the exact same operators...

I'm sooooo close to actually ordering and paying for my ticket!

~~~~~

I tried making these wrist warmers using one of my brown hanks of self-dyed-ViKan-yarn, but I ripped out the first one as the yarn was a bit too thick, making them look clumpsy instead of elegant. Now I don't really know what to do with the yarn... A hat? Or something for a baby? Hmmm...

We'll see.

~~~~~

Did I mention that I've started another Laminaria? I decided to make one for my mother for Christmas. I have finished the star chart and yesterday I moved along to the transition chart. I've made my first row of turning 3 stitches into 9, and it was tough on my hands. I try to relax when knitting those but it gets tight anyways. At least with bulkier yarn...

Pictures will come one day when the sun co-operates (and I'm at home)...

~~~~~

I haven't sat by my sewing machine since I made these cushion covers for my sister. It's been a month now. I miss it.

~~~~~

My colleagues and I are given smörgåstårta for lunch today. (I don't know how to translate smörgåstårta - layered sandwich cake? - but if you google for pictures of "smörgåstårta" or "smorgastarta" you end up with lots...)

I love a good smörgåstårta and I've been looking forward to this all week. Only to find out today that not only is it covered with shrimps, the main filling is based on shell fish... Something I'm allergic to.

Guess who's pouting and feeling sorry for herself? And who's made her boyfriend take her out to dinner tonight to compensate for the fact that she'll be eating pasta from the pasta wagon when everyone around her will be eating smörgåstårta?

2 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

I'd probably be pouting too. that's a real bummer!

I'm excited for you to take your trip, I can't wait to hear about it and see your pictures.

essjay said...

I've had one of those weeks too - I don't know how I even made it to Friday! I do hope you had a good dinner out this evening.