Friday, June 12, 2009

I had a good day

I had a good day yesterday! Despite a busy day at work. What is it with people overloading you with tasks right before they leave for vacations?

Anyways, I had a good day. My body wasn't achy!!! Sure, I was still limited in my movements a bit, but I could get my clothes on and off without having to lie or sit down. I could even adjust my socks while standing up! I could get in and out of chairs without having to take a deep breath and prepare for pain. I could stretch out my legs while biking without any pain in my back!

Maybe this chiropractor thing wasn't all bad...

So, I had a good day. I ordered fantastic necklace pendants from All things Littleput's Etsy shop. She's having a sale right now (hurry, it ends Saturday!). I got one rectangular with a tree motif, one round with a daisy and one round with birds on wire.

And the good day continued. I placed an order for a new pair of glasses! If everything goes well, I can pick them up on Thursday next week. The process of getting new glasses has been fairly short but agonizing. I ended up getting a pair that my boyfriend wasn't too impressed with. Nor was one of my colleauges. But I went ahead. Goodbye blue metal frames and hello brown plastic!

Brown plastic!!!

Not only did ordering them make me happy. They ended up way cheaper than I had budgeted; they came out to 65% of what I had thought I would have to spend.

So, I had a good day. And it continued. I booked a facial for my first day of summer vacation. (With me spending a lot of my vacation days in February and March when I crossed the Atlantic, I can't have a proper summer vacation this year. I will, however, have three weeks with long weekends as I'm taking Thursdays and Fridays off those weeks.) Anyways, I booked a facial. And also scheduled time for getting the lashes and eye brows fixed with shaping and colouring.

And then... Well, they had a summer special... I got tricked into booking a half leg wax as well. It came free with the facial. I've never had anything waxed before and I'm not sure I'll survive getting my legs done, but I was in a good mood, and felt immortal. (Please, don't scare me with horror stories!)

The good day continued. On my way home from town, I stopped by my favourite chocolaterie (Cacaofoni) and got some hot chocolate to drink on the go and truffles to bring home. I love their chocolate. And I was given good news; they're moving to a better location in town. They've been searching for a new place forever and have now signed a contract for a place more downtown where they will, hopefully, attract new and more customers.

The good day wasn't over. At home I managed to cast on for a pair of Cookie A's German Stockings. I used a tubular cast on and I love the stretch and look of that cast on. I used it for my Kauni slipover (which it seems, I haven't blogged about even though I finished it ages ago...) and to me it looks very professional. I knit about an inch of twisted ribbing and have an inch and a half left to do before starting the stockinette part before the patterned cables.

I've decided to give my selfdyed yarn a chance. If I don't like the result, I can always frog. I'm good at that.

So, I had a good day yesterday. Did you?


Pikku- Kettu said...

Sounds like a great day!

Mine was good as well, with red wine and knitting with a great friend. :)

Anna said...

Jag tycker det är bra att du testar ditt garn till knästrumporna :)
I övrigt låter det ju som en toppendag för dig, härligt att höra. Själv hade jag också en aktiv och bra dag med utflykt till Malmö :)

Geek Knitter said...

My day was good, but not that good!

Stiney said...

Those look like my glasses! Mine are CK, though. I approve. :D