Thursday, November 5, 2009

From one thing to another

When biking home from my knit group's gathering tonight I got an awesome idea for a blog post. If I may say it myself... I worked on it the whole way home. Transforming some loose thoughts into something logical; with a start, a middle and an end. A conclusion. All in good language. But then as I got closer to home, I also got more and more insecure.

Was it clear enough? Was it interesting enough? Did I actually have a point? Did it make sense?

(And, would I have the energy to type it all out as Sleepy Anna needs her sleep and isn't at her best at 21.30/9.30pm?...)

Was it too personal? Too private? How would others react to me using them as examples?

This happens to me quite often. I have a blog post (or an email, or another text of some sort) all figured out in my head but when I get closer to the keyboard, I start to doubt it. Or I make changes and the text turns into something different from what I thought it would. I end up with a different point. If any at all. Often a different story is told.

Sometimes I return to these "texts that didn't happen as intended" and they turn into good pieces. Sometimes they don't.

We'll see what happens with the post I worked on while biking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I for one can't wait to see it. I think those in-the-car/biking-home moments are literary inspiration!

essjay said...

I wrote a blog post in on my drive to work this morning so I understand exactly where you are coming from!