Wednesday, December 12, 2007

2 more days...

It's Wednesday. Tomorrow we're going to the bank to sign our last papers on loans and such. Talk about pensions, sign our will and set up a savings account. On Friday at 10am, we'll meet the sellers and the real estate agent and close the deal. It'll be done over fax as our bank is a bit out of town and the real estate agent had other things booked on Friday.

Can you believe it? Two more days...

I have a ton of things I have to do today at work but I think I can manage. I always get a bit stressed before going on vacation. There are just so many things I want to finish before leaving. I'll be working tomorrow as well but half my day is booked in meetings. Then I'm off until December 27th. I'll go into work between Christmas and New Year's, but put in the minimum amount of hours so I'm not away from the house too long. I'd feel bad letting boyfriend do all the work with setting things up...

Christmas preparations have certainly not been what I expected them to be. I wanted to make my own gifts for my family, but ended up just doing two (the baby carrier for my brother and his girlfriend and a handbag for my sister). I started my Christmas cards, but have only finished two of them. This year I'm sending out "ordinary" Christmas cards. None of the gifts I've made or bought have been wrapped and I don't know if I'll be able to wrap them as excitingly as I want to. Boyfriend has packed my gift wrapping supplies and I hope I'll find them before Christmas Eve. I wanted to make some Christmas candy this year. And my own pepparkakor (ginger snaps). And some lussekatter (saffron buns). But that won't happen. I simply don't have the time and even if I did, I wouldn't have the materials as we've packed everything from the kitchen...

But then again... It doesn't really matter considering we'll get the keys to our house in two days!

4 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

I was so excited the night before we closed the deal on our house that I didn't sleep at all! I'm so happy for you both, getting a chance to make a home together. Too bad about not being able to do your Christmas baking though... although you could always send me your recipes and I'll make them for you. I'll even take pictures! Good luck! :muah:

Unknown said...

:)I thought you'd offer to bake them and have them shipped over...

:kram:

Geek Knitter said...

Well OK, I can probably do that too... Not sure if they'll make it to you on time, though. :)

brownishcoat said...

I wouldn't put it past her!

:kram: