Saturday, July 26, 2008

FO - Potholders from In Stitches

The two fronts
Fraternal twins

Pattern: Potholders from Amy Butler's In Stitches

Fabrics: Bought at Åhléns. Don't know the designer to be honest.

Project time: June, 2008 - July, 2008

Made for: Pikku Kettu as part of a mini swap we made. I really liked the coin purses she made in May (blog post here) and she suggested that I'd make her something in exchange as she felt funny about selling me one.

Modifications: None that I made on purpose. The pot holders turned out half an inch smaller than intended due to my inability to attach the slanted pieces properly. I had to cut the sides a bit...

In use
An action shot of the pot holders in use (and yes, the hairy arms belong to my boyfriend)

Thoughts: I had fun making these even if it took me ages to finish them. I did quilting for the first time. I tried attaching the bias binding by machine but had to take it out as it came out ugly. I ended up finishing the binding off by hand stitching it on to the front.

The batting in them has one side covered with a thin aluminium sheet to make them heat resistant. I'd hate for Pikku Kettu to burn her fingers while using them...

The other front and back
One front and one back

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stylish and functional...way better than using tea towels!

Geek Knitter said...

Lovely!

Pikku- Kettu said...

Haven't burnt my fingers once! They are absolutely gorgeous and functional to boot. Thank you! :)