Friday, December 12, 2008

She will be mine!

I did it.

I bought the pattern for Sylvi. And I've ordered the yarn. From Canada. Really hoping to have it in my possession in about three weeks. (I splurged on faster shipping as I couldn't stand having to wait for 4-6 weeks. Or waiting until I get to Canada myself - soon only 2 months to go!!!! - and can take it home in my suitcase for free. That would mean not being able to cast on until end of March and that's ridiculous for a wool coat...)

I'm going with the suggested yarn (Atlantic from Briggs and Little Woollen Mills) in Sheep's Grey. Not brave enought to do the red even though I find it simply gorgeous.

I did it. Now, please don't call me crazy or mad. I think I need encouragement more than anything.

9 comments:

Annas garndrömmar said...

Du kommer bli så himla fin i den, verkligen, man ska liksom vara lång för att göra henne rättvisa, precis som du antydde innan. Hoppas garnet kommer snabbt. Lycka till :)

Unknown said...

Anna you are going to look wonderful in it - I can tell already! :)

Your knitting is so perfect it makes me very jealous.

Tricia said...

It's going to be beautiful!!!

I can barely knit a scarf, but if I had your talent I would definitely be making Sylvi. Good Luck with her!

Geek Knitter said...

I'm sure it will be lovely! Looking forward to project pictures as it goes along.

Kerstin said...

Kan bara hålla med samtliga föregående talare...!

Anonymous said...

OMG that's beautiful! I wish I could knit. If you'll ever plan to make one for selling be sure to let me know, I would gladly buy one.

Anonymous said...

Briggs and Little yarn company was about 45 minutes away from my old home in New Brunswick.

That sweater is going to look gorgeous on you once finished. I can't wait to watch your progress.

Anonymous said...

It would look great in any colour! -Shell

essjay said...

Like everyone else has says - I can't wait to see this on you when you finish it! They need to ship that yarn FASTER!