Friday, December 5, 2008

WIP - Christmas gift for my sister

I'm making my sister a bag for Christmas. An Amy Butler Birdie Sling. I'm almost done; have one more seam to go (but I'm afraid of this seam as I've already had to rip it twice as it turns out awful and sloppy...)

Anyways; here is a peak at the fabrics I'm using...

Fabric for a Birdie Sling

The outer panels are made from the black-and-white fabric at the bottom right. The bands and handle is made of the red-and-black, and the safari animal-print is used for the lining. I loooooove the lining fabric and can't help but smile when I look at it. (Can you spot the snails in the print?)

I think my sister will love the prints just as much as I do. The sling looks grown up and stylish on the outside and hides a childish treasure on the inside. Perfect!

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I can't wait to see it! That fabric is perfect. I've been contemplating using that same pattern but haven't found the right fabric yet.

Anonymous said...

Great combination! -Shell