Saturday, January 10, 2009

FO - Cardigan for my niece

Coconut buttons and button loops
Coconut buttons and sewn button loops

Pattern: A baby cardigan pattern from Gepard

Made for: My niece for Christmas 2008

Yarn: Gepard's Cotton Wool or Gepard's Cotton Baby

Needles: 3,5mm/US4 or 3,75mm/US5 (Can't remember...)

Project time: I knitted during October and November, 2008. Added the buttons and button loops on December 22nd, 2008.

Front of the cardigan
Front of the cardigan

Project modifications: I had to fudge the pattern to get the cardigan to turn out the way I wanted. I wonder if anyone proof read this pattern beofre printing... It said to keep with garter stitch at the edges but didn't specify if that was true for the sleeves as well or just for the body. If I followed the instructions on how to divide for the fronts and the back when putting in the sleeves, I'd ended up with an asymmetrical cardigan...

Thoughts: I tried my hands at knitting the button loops but they didn't turn out looking neat. I sewed them with yarn and needle instead, using instructions from The Knitter's Book of Finishing Techniques by Nancie M. Wiseman.

Back of yoke
Back of the yoke

Lower part of the front
The lower part of the cardigan

7 comments:

Geek Knitter said...

Very pretty. Your niece is going to look like a little angel in that!

Anonymous said...

That's really cute, I especially like the buttons. You surely are one hell of a knitter :)

Anonymous said...

Anna, you are SO prolific with your knitting and so freakin' talented. That is just gorgeous. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Like I said before, you should be working in the fashion world...seriously! :) -Shell

Pikku- Kettu said...

So pretty! I love the little buttons.

Kim said...

Oh, Anna! This sweater is so precious!

Mona said...

Men en sån söt!