Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Holistic week

I'm feeling holistic.

My work situation has changed. I'm in the same building doing the same tasks but I have new colleagues around me. And with new colleagues come new routines. And differences.

I'm not overly happy about this and I'm overwhelmed and a bit surprised at how much energy this change has stolen from me. In an attempt to get a grip on exactly what it is I'm reacting to, I started a list. I wrote down all the things that bother me about this new situation.

Looking at the result I realized that one by one, the changes seem to be minor. And I seem to be the biggest whiner on earth... But put them together, read the list from top to bottom and imagine all these changes at the same time? Yeah. I'm not the biggest whiner anymore.

As Aristotle said back in the days:

The whole is more than the sum of its parts

And that, my friends, is the main principle in holism.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never be afraid of frustration. Sometimes it's worth expressing, sometimes it's not...whatever you do, don't ignore it: it is a sign that issues need to be addressed.

Shell