Well, that doesn't exist anymore. I frogged it the other day.
I had a look in mind of a cardigan with horizontal stripes on the yoke and over the bust and then vertical stripes on the "skirt" part beneath the bust. I imagined it to be flowy and A-line.
After several attempts I gave up. I had finished the skirt part without too much hassle, but making the yoke just turned out to be too difficult for my brain to work out. *I measured. I calculated. I casted on. I knitted. And I frogged*. Repeat from * to * a total of 6 times. Then I decided to knit it bottom up instead by picking up stitches along the skirt part. And I knit a couple of rows before "trying it on". Twice. And then realized I didn't love it. It wasn't as flowy as I wanted it to be. It wasn't as gathered and A-lined. It just wasn't what I wanted.
So I frogged.
And now I think I'll try to turn the yarn into a shawl instead. A crocheted one. Wish me luck!
Thursday, September 10, 2009