I'm sorry I didn't post a "Getting to know you"-post last week but my head was too busy to deal with it.
Today I'll answer question number 160:
Do you ever cry when you're happy?
Anyone who's been around me for an extended period of time will know that I do. I cry easily. I cry when I'm sad. Frustrated. Angry. Scared. Nervous. Happy. Overwhelmed.
And I always have. As long as I can remember.
I cry when I see movies. I cry when I listen to music. I cry when I read books or magazines. I cry when I listen to the radio. I cry when I watch sports. I cry when I hear speeches at parties or weddings.
And it doesn't have to be because of sad things happening. It can be someone scoring a beautiful goal and expressing happiness after it. Or a lion cub surviving a dry summer. Or teenage girls becoming best friends again after a fight. Or someone achieving a goal of some sort. Or when my sister told me she got the scolarship for a year's studies in Canada. Or when I open gifts. Or when my cats are cute together.
At least once a week, I get teary while looking at my boyfriend. Not because of what he's wearing or something nasty he said, but simply because I get overwhelmed with happiness and all sorts of feelings when I think of how important he is to me.
Speaking about crying in general, I have many memories of crying in front of the TV or in a cinema. Or when reading.
- I took my younger sister to see Bambi when she was 5 (or thereabouts). I cried so much when Bambi's mother died, that my sister got embarrassed and sat closer to the woman on her other side hoping nobody would think she was there with me.
- When I was in my early teens, I saw Dead Poet's Society three times in the cinema. And I cried so much walking home from the first time that a couple stopped me on the street to ask if I was alright. The other two times I saw it, I started crying before the sad parts just knowing that they'd come.
- At fifteen or so, my family was invited to a big party at a newly-opened cinema. We were supposed to see a movie and then eat from a huge buffet table. I had to leave after the movie as I was a total wreck from seeing "A Perfect World" with Kevin Costner and Clint Eastwood. I remember tripping real bad on my way home as I couldn't see the curb properly through my tears.
- At home I would often move from sitting on the couch to lying on the floor as I would get teased awfully by my family if they saw me crying. If I was on the floor, I could sometimes hide it better (or just longer).
- I'm an ugly cryer. You know the kind; eyes get puffy, nose gets red, skin gets blotchy and tears mix with snot on the way down the face. Well, this one time I was at the public library reading. I was sitting on a couch in the kid's section (where the most comfy couches were), crying my eyes out because of something in a book, when a little boy came by. I looked up and he stopped his walking and just stared at me. Then he walked away and continued reading. A minute later he came back with a tissue that he handed me without a word. Then he ran off.
What about you? Do you ever cry when you're happy? I'd love to know! Either tell me your answer in a comment or make a post in your own blog. (If you do the latter, please let me know so I don't miss your answer!)