Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thank you, Great weekend and Creative

Thanks for your sweet comments on me modelling Emmeline earlier this week! Boyfriend and I had fun taking the shots and I thought it was fun to "make something" instead of just standing still showing you the apron. Dressing up (or down - Gudinnan: Jag har faktiskt bar överkropp på den första bilden...) was fun. I love the shoes I'm wearing in the first shot, but I rarely use them as they have a 2inches high heel and I'm not too comfortable with that. And neither is boyfriend. :)

I haven't used the apron in action yet, but I hope to do so this weekend. We have tomorrow off from work (Sweden's National Day) and boyfriend and I hope to get some company for dinner. If we do, I'll definitely parade around in it when I make dessert. I've offered boyfriend to borrow it when he makes the meat, but he prefers his own male (and somewhat dull) apron...

~~~~~

I've been meaning to tell you what a great weekend boyfriend and I had, but I've hardly sat down by the computer in the last two days. I've had meetings back to back, and yesterday I wasn't even in the office as I booked elsewhere. Things are a bit slower today so I thought I'd give my blog an update. (Or two, as I plan on a Getting-to-know-you-post as well...)

Anyways, we had a great weekend. I can't say how many hours we spent ouside enjoying the sun and the warm temperatures. We didn't do a lot of work (read: no scrubbing algea from the garage) but read, relaxed, made out, and talked. We had dinner at a fancy restaurant downtown on Saturday night. Just because we could. We were supposed to go out for a piece of pie, a salad, or a sub. Something quick and easy. And ended up pampering ourselves instead. Just becasue we could.

We spent time at the "beach" on Sunday. Boyfriend took a swim (about three strokes) in the cold water, but I just dipped my toes in. I want my water to be warm. I don't buy in to "refreshing" swims.

~~~~~

I worked some on my Clapotis. And I love it! The yarn works perfectly with the pattern and the needles.

Clapotis_1
Clapotis in Manos Silk Blend

I've asked Kate to help me out with getting more hanks of Manos Silk Blend so I can make a really long scarf.

~~~~~

Yesterday I started cutting out fabric for my two first cushions for our couch. We have cushions in it, but these are the first two that I'm making myself. I have five planned. So far...
Remember the Give Away Bag I made a couple of months ago? I'm using that same fabric for these two cushions. And I'm making the back chocolate brown.

~~~~~

I've also bought fabric for making myself one of these; a Paper Grocery Bag. I ended up at IKEA again and got a black-and-white-print for the exterior and a very bold yellow-and-pink-striped one for the interior. Pictures when the progress starts. At the moment, the fabric is awaiting a ride in the washer.

3 comments:

florencemary said...

The Manos silk is absolutely gorgeous for the Clapotis - great choice!

Also I love the photos of you in Emmeline - and I also noticed your shoes! I can't wear heels either, unfortunately - the last time I wore them, I tripped over and broke my big toe!

iKate said...

I'm so happy that you're enjoying the yarn! The Clapotis really looks beautiful!! I'll let you know when I get your yarn in the mail.

essjay said...

The Clapotis looks so wonderful in that yarn! That is also a cool Paper Bag pattern - I can't wait to see one finished.