Thursday, June 26, 2008

WIP - Laminaria and Yarn Stash Enhancement

Yesterday I did something I shouldn't have done.

I started swatching for Laminaria in my Cherry Blossom Fibers' yarn. And when I saw that my 4.5mm/US7 needles produced the look I was after, I casted on. And I knitted a couple of rows.

Darn.

I was supposed to wait until I had at least one of the baby items done. Didn't I say so earlier this week?

Well, anyways. I think this might be love. Hope for it to be longlasting.

Laminaria_start
The start of Laminaria. Stitch markers from Etsy seller Wee Ones.

Laminaria_Detail
Detail of the Star section. I'm making the symmetrical version.

~~~~~

Now, trying to distract you from my casting on a new project, I present you with this:

Fyberspates Lacewool
Heavenly yarn. Or oceanlike.

Last week, Ulrika over att stickamera/knitmore asked if anyone was interested in exchanging yarns with her as she had a skein of Fyberspates Lacewool in colour Ocean that she found too thin to use herself. The skein weighs 100grams and has 1200m/1,300yards in it. It's Bluefaced Laicester wool with a bit of nylon.

Fyberspates Lacewool
I could eat this.

Don't ask me what it'll become. I don't know. I just saw it and fell in love.

In exchange, I sent Ulrika a hank of Knit Picks' Bare Lace Wool and some packages of Kool Aid. She thought it could be fun to do some dyeing in the summer. I thought it'd be fun to do some drooling in the summer. And the exchange was made.

Fyberspates Lacewool
I can only sigh at its beauty.

4 comments:

Annas garndrömmar said...

Aha, var det du som lade vantarna på det tunna garnet :) Ser ju jättejättefint ut - härlig färg!
Och ja, Laminaria är helt underbar!
Vad gäller Pomatomusarna, jag är också inne på rättså knallig färg, det bara känns så, liksom.

florencemary said...

Go, Anna, with Laminaria! The pattern will hook you in, resistance is futile!

Your Fyberspates' yarn is beautiful - Jen has some really lovely stuff.

essjay said...

The shawl looks great so far! That new yarn is just lovely - I can't wait to see what you turn that into!

Geek Knitter said...

I think Laminaria is lovely, and I don't think you should feel guilty at all!

Ocean is a marvel to behold!