Thursday, December 27, 2007

Rambling after Christmas

So Christmas came and went. Have to say that I've never experienced a Christmas sneaking up on me like this one did. I guess renovating and moving mess with your head and your ability to care about anything outside your own walls.

We're sort of getting there when it comes to getting the house organized. Sort of. It takes time to set things up and I admit to not being able to make decisions for hours and hours. I burn out. And I leave the box for a while, for a day or for boyfriend...

I've taken some pictures during the painting process of the house and will show you guys when it's all done...

The cats are worried and spend most of their days either hiding or walking around loudly complaining in shrieks that go directly to my heart. Skorpan seems to have a problem with urinating and I'm contemplating taking him to the vet. I'm happy they eat and drink properly. Even though they want breakfast at 4am...

Santa brought me a dressform (that I haven't assembled yet) for my knitting and sewing as I find it painful to try and see how pieces look on me, eight skeins of Garnstudio's Alpaca that I don't have a project for yet, a box of magnetic fridge poetry for cat lovers, a gift certificate for a facial and a cook book focused on things one can grow in the garden. I'm real happy about everything I received.

My sister loved the handbag I made her! She even started showing it around to let our mother and grandmother inspect the seams... Pictures of that one when I can find the cord so I can transfer from the camera to the computer. I honestly don't know what my brother and his girlfriend thought of the baby carrier I made them. I didn't see them unwrap the gift and apparently they didn't understand what it was. My brother asked me and when I told him he sort of just said "Oh. Okey. We thought it was some sort of an apron." I offered to show them how it worked, how you'd tie it and position the baby in it, but just as I offered, we were ushered to the tables for dessert and they never asked me later on... Wouldn't be surprised if it ended up in a drawer.

Remember me saying a couple of weeks ago how I was in need of changes and wanted to trim my body a bit? Well, it's going better than I had anticipated. In four weeks' time I've lost 2,5kg/5.5lbs and 2cm/0.8in around my waist. And that's including Christmas eating. I guess renovating a house, packing, moving and unpacking makes one move around a whole lot more than one thinks...

It seems like my right shoulder (the one has been bothering me all fall) has healed. Even with all the work I've been doing these last two weeks, I haven't experienced pain. I'm really happy about this as it means I might be able to get back into the gym and my yoga classes again after New Year's. I've decided to sign up at another gym (closer to our new house) and I hope I'll enjoy their yoga classes (and instructors) as much as I've enjoyed the ones at my current gym. Hold your thumbs for me, will you? :)

Well, enough random rambling from me. Hope you're all doing fine!

1 comment:

essjay said...

I'm so glad your sister liked her handbag so much. I sent Starsky along to my sister for Christmas and she called me in tears before she'd even opened any other gifts because she couldn't believe that I'd knit it for *her*. Why don't sisters understand how much we love them!

I'm so glad that your efforts of becoming more trim are paying off and I'm so glad your shoulder is feeling so much better!

I do hope that Skorpan is feeling better now, poor kitty!